(as of Jan 27,2022 20:39:54 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Avocado Toast with Fried Eggs (ingredients, equipment, instructions)
Serves 2; Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. In small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, pinch salt, and pinch pepper.
2. Use butter knife to cut avocado in half. Separate halves, then remove and discard pit. Scoop avocado into bowl with lemon dressing; discard skin. Use fork to break avocado into large pieces, then mash into dressing until mostly smooth.
3. Place bread in toaster and toast until golden on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread avocado mixture evenly on toasts.
4. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over low heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, crack eggs into second small bowl and add pinch salt and pinch pepper.
5. Increase heat to medium-high and heat oil for 1 minute (oil should be hot but not smoking). Working quickly, pour eggs into skillet, cover skillet, and cook for 1 minute.
6. Turn off heat and slide skillet to cool burner. Let sit, covered, for about 1 minute for slightly runny yolks or about 2 minutes for set yolks.
7. Use spatula to transfer 1 fried egg to each toast. Serve.
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, measured separately 1 teaspoon lemon juice, squeezed from ½ lemon Salt and pepper 1 ripe avocado 2 (½-inch-thick) slices crusty bread 2 large eggs
The first meal of the day really is the most important. Kids who eat breakfast do better in school. (It’s true.) And weekend breakfasts are fun for the entire family. Start your day right!
“These pancakes are very fluffy, in a good way.” – Charlotte, 13
Snacks & Beverages
Snack food is fun. Looking for an after-school nosh or maybe something for a sleepover party? It’s all here.
“This is a quick and easy way to make popcorn.” – Hudson, 10
Cooking for Family & Friends
Making dinner is a great way to up your cooking game. And nothing says “I love you” like a home-cooked meal.
“Kind of sweet because of the sauce, but broccoli balances it.” – Mary, 9
Celebrate something special with something sweet. Bake amazing cakes and cookies or chill out with homemade ice-cream.
“Good balance of tart strawberries and sweet cream.” – Owen, 11
Publisher : Sourcebooks Explore (October 16, 2018)
Language : English
Hardcover : 208 pages
ISBN-10 : 1492670022
ISBN-13 : 978-1492670025
Reading age : 8 – 12 years
Lexile measure : IG960L
Grade level : 4 – 8
Item Weight : 1.64 pounds
Dimensions : 7.25 x 0.77 x 9.25 inches